Konuyu Değerlendir
  • 0 Oy - 0 Ortalama
CAIRO -- Indias top squash player Dipika Pallikal Karthik went down against qualifie
CAIRO -- Indias top squash player Dipika Pallikal Karthik went down against qualifier Mariam Metwally of Egypt in the first round of the Wadi Dagla Open, a PSA world tour event, here today.Dipika squandered a two-game advantage to go down 11-5 11-9 6-11 7-11 8-11 to the Egyptian in a dramatic opening round match of the squash event which is being held alongside the mens world championship. With this Metwally became the third qualifier to score an upset win in the first round of the Womens PSA W50 event.The seventh seeded Indian, who is ranked 19 in the PSA list, went completely off the boil in the third game, losing her intensity and looking sluggish during some of the exchanges and Metwally, ranked 31, took full advantage.My coaches told me, after the second, just to enjoy my game and forget about the score, said Metwally.The last time we played I beat her and I think maybe I had a little bit of pressure on myself that I should beat her today. After the second I think my game started to come together and my volleys and dropshots were working well.Winning the opening two games, Dipika seemed well on course. A slip in the third set turned into a slide and the Egyptian made the best of the situation to carve out the win in just under an hour.The Indian presence at this event ended with Dipikas exit. Breeland Speaks Super Bowl Jersey . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Derrick Thomas Super Bowl Jersey . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. http://www.officialkcchiefspro.com/Lesea...fs-jersey/ . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Tyreek Hill Super Bowl Jersey . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Derrick Nnadi Super Bowl Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Ryan Howard thanked Philadelphia Phillies fans and the organization and saluted his teammates in an emotional speech during a pregame ceremony Sunday before his final game with the team.The 2006 National League MVP choked up a few times and fought back tears when he told the crowd: My family has grown with all of you.Howard, who turns 37 next month, is the last player remaining from the Phillies 2008 World Series championship team. The Phillies are planning to pay Howard a $10 million buyout instead of exercising a $23 million club option for 2017.Its amazing, the appreciation from the organization and the fans, Howard said. To have it recognized, itll live with me forever.Howard was 0-for-4 in the Phillies 5-2 victory over the New York Mets, but he received several standing ovations and got a curtain call after popping out in the eighth. He finished the season with a .1996 batting average but hit 25 homers, tying Maikel Franco for the team lead.ddddddddddddHoward got a final ovation after Tommy Joseph replaced him to start the ninth. He embraced Joseph near first base while Phillies and Mets players clapped. Howard then walked through the dugout and hugged everyone before coming out to wave to the fans.I didnt know what to expect, Howard said. Seeing the people and the videos, it hit me all at once. It was great. Philadelphia will always be home.Howard said he isnt ready to call it a career, especially after a strong finish -- he hit .267 with 11 homers and 29 RBIs in only 101 at-bats from Aug. 1 on.I know theres more in the tank, he said. Ill know when its time.The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '
Alıntı

Foruma Git:

Bu konuyu görüntüleyen kullanıcı(lar): 1 Ziyaretçi